Drop The Razor - Start Thinking Laser
We treat all skin types
Silk Aesthetic offers laser hair removal services suitable for all skin types. Our state-of-the-art technology delivers safe and effective results, leaving your skin smooth and hair-free. Our experienced professionals will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that fits your unique needs and desired outcomes.
Say goodbye to unwanted hair and hello to beautifully smooth skin with Silk Aesthetic laser hair removal services.
Laser hair removal results
- Do not bleach or use depilatory cream for at least 4-6 weeks prior to your 1st treatment and stop using for the duration of the laser treatment.
- No waxing, plucking, or threading at least 1 month prior to your treatment and stop these methods of hair removal for the duration of your laser treatment.
- Shaving or cutting the hair is the only method of hair removal.
- You MUST shave the area to be treated 24 hours before your laser treatment.
- AHA/BHA facial/body scrub is recommended 1 week prior to and after your laser treatment.
- Do not exfoliate the area being treated 2 days before and after your laser treatment.
- Laser treatments cannot be done if the client has false or residue of false/natural tan on the area on the day of treatment.
- You must use a recommended broad-spectrum SPF on all areas being treated when exposed to daylight.
- No lotions or oils should be used on the area prior to your laser treatment.
Silk Aesthetic Clinic cannot be responsible for shaving, this is up to the client.
- We cannot do the treatment on the day if the area is not prepared.
- Always inform your laser specialist of any change in medication or medical history before your laser treatment begins.
- Please make sure fake tan is not present on day of appointment and has been fully removed.
- Please inform your laser specialist of any tattoos you may have or get through the duration of your treatment including semi-permanent make-up such as lips and eyebrows.
- No antihistamines or anti-inflammatories should be taken 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- Immediately after your treatment with Cynosure Elite Plus you may notice the following normal expected responses reactions in the treatment area
- Redness: this can last up to 7 days after your treatment.
- Swelling particularly in the hair follicle area: this can last up to 7 days after your treatment.
- You may feel heat and itchiness in the treatment area: this can last up to 7 days.
- Darkening of pigment: Areas of skin with pigment may appear darker initially.
- Although these responses on the skin may feel very strong, these are normal expected responses to the treatment.
- Please make sure you are clear on the steps you should be taking to make sure you protect the treated area
- Avoid touching, scratching or picking the treated area.
- Keep the area cool and wear loose clothing, do not wear tights or jeans.
- Only Mineral Based Make Up can be used directly after the treatment. All other make up should be avoided for 24 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure for minimum 1 week after the treatment.
- Always use a Broad-Spectrum SPF.
- Do not apply deodorant for 24hrs after the treatment.
- Avoid very hot baths or showers for 24hrs.
- Avoid steam rooms & saunas for 48hrs.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water for 48hrs.
- Avoid treatments in the same area such as: chemical peels, injectables or derma pen treatments for 4 weeks.
See some common questions and answers below
- We use the latest technology available which is a combination laser so is suitable for all skin types, we offer free professional consultation service with our highly trained laser practitioners who will perform a patch test to access your skins reaction to the laser.
- It depends on the person and how sensitive they are, as well as the area being treated. We use Cynosure Elite Plus lasers which have additional cooling devices to decrease sensitivity during treatment, the sensation is well-tolerated by most people.
- We use advanced technology Lasers that emits concentrated energy waves to target and destroy unwanted hair follicles under the skin, and prevent the hair from returning.
- At Silk Aesthetic, the journey to your ideal outcome is unique to you. The number of sessions necessary varies based on several personal factors, including the specific treatment area, the characteristics of your hair, and individual factors like your health, medication, stress levels, and hormonal balance, including conditions like PCOS.
Typically, our clients see their best results after a series of at least 6 treatments. We’re committed to providing you with a customised treatment plan to achieve the best results possible.
- You may experience some slight skin irritation and temporary discomfort such as redness and swelling. Laser aftercare products are to be used for a minimum of 48 hours after treatment to protect the skin from sensitivity and sun exposure.
- Unfortunately blonde, grey/white, and red hair do not respond to laser hair removal treatment. The Laser light is attracted to the pigment in the hair and these hair colours do not produce any pigment so will not be effective.
- We recommend a minimum of 6 treatments to effectively treat an area with laser. You will need to return every 4-6 weeks, depending on the area, to treat the new active growth cycles, which may depend on your hair growth. Laser targets the hair in the active growth stage of which is approximately 20% of the hair growth, so you will see a reduction of up to 20% after
- Laser hair removal can greatly reduce hair growth, with the potential for permanency if the follicle is completely destroyed. Most people need 6 to 10 sessions for a significant reduction and may require occasional maintenance treatments afterward.
- Initially, plan for 4-8 weeks between laser sessions, adjusting as needed for your hair growth cycle. Later treatments may be spaced further apart to target hair in the growth phase effectively.