The Glow of Innovation
Discover the beauty of radiant skin at Silk Aesthetic.
LASER PIGMENTATION REMOVAL
Safe & Effective Technology with Cynosure Elite Plus.
At Silk Aesthetic we use Cynosure Elite Plus a laser technology known for safe and effective treatment of pigmented lesions. It's designed to target and reduce the appearance of various pigmented skin concerns, such as sunspots, age spots, freckles, and other pigmented blemishes.
SKIN CONDITION TREATED
- Age Spots (Sun Spots)
- Solar Lentigines
WHAT ARE PIGMENTED LESIONS?
Pigmentation is the color in your skin produced by melanin, a natural pigment that also determines eye and hair color. However, if too much melanin is produced in one area, the result is a brown patch on your skin. Too much melanin can result from:
- Sun exposure
- Heredity or congenital factors
HOW DOES IT WORKS
The laser use technology to target and remove pigmented lesions by delivering precise, high-energy light that is absorbed by the melanin in the lesions.This absorption causes the pigmented cells to heat up and break down, while minimising damage to surrounding skin. Over time, the body naturally eliminates these damaged cells, causing the pigmented lesion to fade. Multiple sessions may be necessary for optimal results.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE
At Silk Aesthetic we use the most advanced medical grade laser from Cynosure®. The Elite+ is best-in-class and lets us give you the results you want. 2 in 1. The Elite+ is actually two lasers in one system. Each laser is better at targeting different unwanted conditions, giving you the best result possible.
See some common questions and answers below
- Treatments are very well tolerated. Many clients describe the treatment as a warm sensation’ or the snap of a rubber band.
- The procedure typically takes less than 20 minutes to perform depending on the size of the area or number of pigmented lesions being treated. Often you will see great results after the first treatment session but 2-3 sessions may be required for optimal outcomes.
- You will need to avoid the sun, tanning beds and self-tanning creams and lotions prior to treatment. There may be some medications that you will need to avoid and your physician will cover these during your consultation.
- Some patients experience a mild sunburn sensation for a short time after the procedure. We may apply some ice immediately following your treatment to help minimise this. The pigmented lesions will darken over the next few days. The area will look a bit “dirty” or dark for about a week. Over this time, the treated skin will slough off, revealing fresh new skin.
- Typically, you can resume regular daily activities immediately following treatment. Makeup can be applied to the treated area immediately, if necessary. It is extremely important to apply a moisturiser with SPF30 sun block and avoid sun exposure on a daily basis to prevent additional sun damage.
- Our laser specialists can give you a consultation and talk with you about your skin type to confirm if you would be a good candidate for this treatment.
- Laser pigment clearance can be performed on the face and chest, as well as on the hands, arms and legs.
- This will often depend on the pigmented lesion you have. For some brown spots, only a single treatment is needed, for others, a series of treatments may be recommended. Often you will see improvements within a couple weeks, with further improvements on subsequent treatments until you have achieved the over-all improvement you desire.